Times Square in New York is traditionally thought of as the ultimate New Year’s Eve party, but because of the normally warm weather, there are many New Year’s Eve parties to consider in the Sunshine State. Here are just a few of the bigger parties to consider this year or in the future:
- Orlando – Downtown comes alive with the annual Orange Ball Drop, fireworks and parties at all the bars along Church Street!!
- Jacksonville – The New Year’s Eve celebration in Jax includes the Gator Bowl Parade and fireworks at midnight in the water off Jacksonville Landing!!
- Cocoa Beach – The annual Party at the Pier celebration takes place at the world famous Cocoa Beach Pier with live music and entertainment at all 5 of the Pier restaurants!!
- Miami Beach – Ocean Drive is officially renamed Orange Drive for the festivities leading up to the Orange Bowl game. New Year’s Eve in South Beach will feature celebrities hosting parties in many of the nightclubs, as well as the “Jam on the Sand” event if you’re not into the club scene!!
- St. Petersburg – First Night is an annual extravaganza in its 16th year, taking place at several locations throughout St. Pete, featuring family friendly events including tours, live entertainment, and fireworks at midnight!!
So if you’re in Florida on vacation for the holidays, or a Florida resident looking for something to do New Year’s Eve, this should give you some guidelines for where some of the biggest parties will be happening!!